Staff Recognition Award Timeline
- Assistant Director for Administration notifies ADC, AAL, and Staff Council that a representative needs to be chosen for SRAC.
- Previous committee chair turns over files to new committee chair
- SRAC Chair selects Member at Large
- SRAC Chair reviews and revises forms and intranet information
- Assistant Director for Administration notifies Library Technology Services to allow Committee members access to the committee folder on the Intranet.
- Committee meets and reviews forms, guidelines and charge
- Work with the Assistant Director for Administration to set a date for the All-Staff Meeting
- SRAC Chair sends announcements to libstaff listserv and attaches nomination form to message
- Announcements should include the following information: deadline date, names of committee members, need for supporting documentation
- SRAC Chair sends follow-up messages via libstaff listserv reminding staff of deadline date, include committee member names
April/May (date to be determined)
After nominations are closed
- Copies of nominations are put into secure S drive folder. If paper copy is received, scan and add to folder.
- Committee meets to review and discuss nominations, and select awardee
- Chair/designee writes recommendation and shares report with all committee members for review
- Chair/designee makes final revisions to recommendation, and sends report to the Assistant Director for Administration
- Awardee's Department Head is notified of recommendation
- Dean of Libraries shares information with department heads at next scheduled Administrative Council meeting (ADC)
- Following ADC meeting, Dean of Libraries responds to committee chair/designee if s/he is not at meeting Chair/designee shares response with other committee members
- Award certificate is ordered by Administrative Services
Before All Staff Meeting
- Send letter to awardee requesting her/his presence at the All Staff Meeting for the presentation.
- Have new name plate engraved for plaque (this is through Administrative Services)
- Award presentation at All Staff Meeting. SRAC chair introduces award winner and reads recommendation. Dean of Libraries gives award