Thank you for your interest in supporting Temple University Libraries
We provide the Temple community—and researchers, scholars and library patrons throughout the region—with digital resources, unique special collections and a place to gather for free cultural programs like author talks and film screenings. Friends of the Libraries help make this possible.
You can support the Libraries in a number of ways:
- Library Annual Fund: supports annual purchases, journal and e-resource subscriptions, facility improvement, and all ongoing and in coming needs at Temple University Libraries.
- Library Endowment: provides ongoing support for purchases, improvements, and greatest needs at the Libraries.
- Special Collections Annual Fund: supports annual preservation, digitization, access, acquisition, and programming needs of Temple's Special Collections Research Center (SCRC), the home to unique, rare, and archival materials at the Libraries. The SCRC supports academic priorities at Temple and the traditional collecting strengths of the Libraries, with collecting emphases including the social, cultural, and economic development of the Philadelphia region; rare books; contemporary culture; and many more. Researchers throughout the region and scholars also access the materials at our SCRC.
- Charles L. Blockson Afro-American Collection Endowment: provides perpetual support for the Blockson Collection, one of the nation's foremost research centers and archives on the study of African and African American history and culture, in perpetuity.
- Philadelphia Jewish Archives Collection Endowment: provides perpetual support for the Philadelphia Jewish Archives Collections (PJAC), one of the highlights of the Special Collections Research Center, and a rich collection documenting local Jewish life, history, and culture.
- George D. McDowell Philadelphia Evening Bulletin Collection Endowment: provides perpetual support for the preservation and digitization of the news clippings and photographs found in the George D. McDowell Philadelphia Evening Bulletin Collection. This collection contains the entire records of the Evening Bulletin, which reported and chronicled the major events of the region and the nation between 1847 and 1982.
- Library Prize Endowment: provides ongoing support for the Library Prize for Undergraduate Research, which honors the best undergraduate research annually.
- Donate Books and Materials: Do you have books or archival resources you think might be of value to Temple University Libraries? Check our donation procedures and work with our staff to determine what materials are relevant to our collecting interests.
We are also pleased to accept gently used books in a wide variety of subject areas which may be added to our general circulating collections for use by students and faculty. To donate please call the Acquisitions Dept. at 215-204-8215.
Thank you for supporting Temple University Libraries.
Questions about this page? Contact email@example.com