BrowZine for Android
Use the correct link to download this app to your tablet. Then select Temple University from the 'Choose Library' menu, and log in with your AccessNet ID.
BrowZine works by organizing the articles found in Open Access and subscription databases, uniting them into complete journals, then arranging these journals on a common newsstand. The result is an easy and familiar way to browse, read and monitor scholarly journals across the disciplines.
Easily read complete scholarly journals in a format that is optimized for tablet devices - Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals - Be alerted when new editions of journals are published - Easily save to Zotero, Mendeley, Dropbox and other services.
SciFinder Scholar enables you to:
* do substructure searching of the literature. By using your mouse to draw a structure, you can easily define rings, chains, substituents, and R-Groups of interest
* get reactions, starting with structures of interest
* and also search by topic, author name, chemical name, formulas, and CAS registry numbers.
Concurrent user limit: 4
* The CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
* Combined Chemical Dictionary
* Dictionary of Commonly Cited Compounds
* Dictionary of Drugs
* Dictionary of Inorganic and Organometallic Compounds
* Dictionary of Natural Products
* Dictionary of Organic Compounds
* Properties of Organic Compounds
Concurrent user limit: 2
Over 6,000 educational films available for immediate online viewing
Films on Demand is a library of thousands of streaming videos across all disciplines from Films Media Group. All Temple users can search and view films or specific segments of films. If you establish a user account from within Films on Demand you can also create playlists from the various films/segments for your own use or for sharing with other Temple users. 1
Key features of the Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology Online include:
* Over 1,000 articles, with more than 600 new or updated -- over 10of the content is updated annually
* Monthly updates that keep the online version on the cutting edge of chemical technology
* Previous versions of revised articles archived for posterity
* An easy to use interface that allows one to Search or Browse through the articles for quick reference and convenience
(description provided by publisher)
The information provided includes chemical, common and generic names, trademarks and their associated companies, CAS Registry Numbers, molecular formulas and weights, physical and toxicity data, therapeutic and commercial uses, chemical structures and selected literature references for each substance.
The Merck Index Online consists of several databases:
* The Compound Search database allows searching for compounds by physical properties, compound attributes, and structure.
* The Organic Name Reactions database contains a list of reactions which have come to be recognized and referred to by name within the chemistry community. The descriptions are composed of name(s) associated with the reaction, the original and/or primary contributor(s), a concise description of the transformation, a reaction scheme, key references, and cross references to other organic named reactions.
* The Additional Tables section lists multiple tables, including abbreviations, glossary, and a chemical terms translator in PDF format.
Content from MINABS Online is now incorporated in GeoRef.
MINABS Online replaces the print journal Mineralogical Abstracts, formerly published quarterly with a separate annual index issue. MINABS Online is a database containing continually updated abstracts covering mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry, crystallography, gemmology, meteoritics and allied subjects.
Digital resources in OAister include:
--Digitized (scanned) books and articles
--Audio fles (WAV, MP3)
--Video fles (MP4, Quicktime)
--Photographic images (JPEG, TIFF, GIF)
--Data sets (downloadable statistical information
Patai covers all aspects of the chemistry of functional groups - an essential tool for the organic chemist - including physical organic chemistry, analytical chemistry and techniques, reaction mechanisms, chapters on synthetic pathways, reactions and strategies as well as applications in drug discovery, pharmaceuticals, biochemistry and molecular biology.
Each dissertation published since July 1980 includes a 350-word abstract written by the author. Master's theses published since 1988 include 150-word abstracts. Bibliographic citations are available for dissertations dating from 1861, and more than 55,000 new citations are added to the database every year. Full-text Temple University dissertations from as far back as the 1950's are included along with 24-page previews of thousands of other dissertations.
Proquest Dissertations & Theses @ Temple University is a subset of the larger database, including only dissertations and theses from Temple University.
The Royal Society of Chemistry RSC eBook Collection is a definitive point of reference for anyone working in the chemical sciences. Over 1,000 books spanning 45 years have been brought together, digitalised as pdf files and made fully searchable. The result is a comprehensive overview of research and opinion in a multitude of areas of chemical science.
Provides online access to one of the most in-depth authoritative information sources available on synthetic methodology. Information is available on 18,000 generally applicable experimental procedures, including 180,000 reactions and 800,000 structures. Also included is the searchable full-text of the various editions of the higley esteemed, almost 200 year-old Houben-Weyl.
SciFinder offers a one-stop shop experience with flexible search and discover options based on user input and workflow. You can search for substances, reactions, and patent and journal references anytime, anywhere.
*Get substances – access the world’s most trusted resource for substance information including chemical structures, chemical names, CAS Registry Numbers®, properties, commercial availability and regulatory information.
*Get reactions – find dependable and current chemical reaction information from our extensive databases including reaction schemes, experimental procedures, conditions, yields, solvents, catalysts, as well as commercial availability of substances with direct links to leading producer and supplier sites.
*Get references – get the information you need when you need it with our unrivaled collection of the world’s most up-to-date chemistry and related science information found in journals, patents, dissertations and more. SciFinder is the only source that brings you information from early discovery through clinical trials with the combined coverage of CAplusSM and MEDLINE®.
Note: New interface 11/26/12.
SpringerLink provides online access to hundreds of journals and books across many disciplines, with a focus on the sciences. Note that Temple does not have access to all content.
Learn more about Summon...