Temple University Health Science Libraries -- Visitor Policy
The Temple University Health Sciences Libraries, consisting of the Ginsburg Health Sciences Library (located in the Medical Education and Research Building) and the Charles E. Krausz Library (located in the School of Podiatric Medicine Building), are primarily for the use of faculty, staff and students at Temple University.
Alumni, guests and those in need of health-related information are welcome to use the Libraries, but must adhere to the guidelines listed below.
1. Visitors, alumni, and guests are welcome Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
2. Visitors may use the library and its resources by presenting a valid photo ID (such as a driver’s license) to the building security guard and must sign in at the circulation desk when entering the library.
3. Access to other parts of the Medical Education and Research Building or School of Podiatric Medicine Building is not permitted. Individuals found in other areas of these buildings will be removed and have their library privileges suspended indefinitely.
4. Visitors who have had their library privileges revoked at the main library will not be given library privileges at the Health Sciences Libraries.
5. The Libraries reserve the right to restrict access during exam periods.
6. Four computers on the first floor of the Ginsburg Library are available for alumni and visitors. These require guest computer user accounts; check with the Information/Circulation Services desk for details.
7. The Libraries’ study rooms are for use by Temple health sciences students, faculty and staff use only with preference given to students.
8. Minors (under 18 yrs) must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the library. Unaccompanied children will be escorted to the building’s security desk to wait for an adult.
10. Special accommodations may be made for alumni of the School of Medicine, patients and families of patients. Contact the Library Director’s office (215-707-2402) for after-hours arrangements.
11. Researchers from other higher learning institutions may apply for an exception to use the library after-hours. Contact the Patron Services Librarian (215-707-7411) for an application form. Researchers should be prepared to explain the nature of their research needs and time frame of the project.