Health Sciences Libraries' Resources
This page highlights some of the resources of particular interest and usefulness to the health sciences. Additional resources may be found by searching in the databases tab from the homepage.
Try Summon for broad searches. It can be useful in finding books and other items not easily identified elsewhere.
Access Resources include texts, multimedia, cases,self assessment and more.
- Biosis Citation Index (pre-clinical and experimental research)
- Cardiosource (American College of Cardiology)
- Current Contents Connect (leading scholarly jrnls. and books)
- Psychiatry Online (DSM-5 plus from APA)
Evidence Based Focus
- ACP Journal Club (in OVID)
- ACP Smart Medicine ( in STAT!Ref)
(formerly ACP Pier)
- Cochrane Library Collection (6 databases of high quality independent evidence)
- DynaMed (a clinical reference tool)
Multimedia sources offer interactive tools and quizzes to test your knowledge.
Research/Impact Factors Tools
- Essential Science Indicators (hot papers, highly cited)
- Journal Citation Reports (impact factor)
- Web of Science (citing articles)
- Worldcat (worldwide online catalog)
- Ulrich's Periodical Directory (journal information)