Health Sciences Libraries' Resources
This page highlights some of the resources of particular interest and usefulness to the health sciences. Additional resources may be found by searching in the databases list , click on Multimedia in the header to find video, audio and interactive resources.
Try Summon for broad searches. It can be useful in finding books and other items not easily identified elsewhere.
Access Resources include texts, multimedia, cases,self assessment and more.
- Biosis Citation Index (pre-clinical and experimental research)
- Cardiosource (American College of Cardiology)
- Current Contents Connect (leading scholarly jrnls. and books)
- ERIC via EBSCO (Education database)
- HAPI: Health & Psychosocial Instruments
- HealthStar (health services, administration)
- Psychiatry Online (DSM-5 plus from APA)
- SPORTDiscus (limited to 8 concurrent users)
Evidence Based Focus
- ACP Journal Club (in OVID)
- ACP Smart Medicine ( in STAT!Ref)
(formerly ACP Pier)
- Cochrane Library Collection (6 databases of high quality independent evidence)
- DynaMed (a clinical reference tool)
- Embase (unique, comprehensive journal and conference coverage, good resource for pharmaceutical interests)
Multimedia sources offer interactive tools and quizzes to test your knowledge.
- Natural Medicines (formerly Natural Standard and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database)
- Lexi-Comp for Dentistry
Research/Impact Factors Tools
- Essential Science Indicators (hot papers, highly cited)
- Journal Citation Reports (impact factor)
- Web of Science (citing articles)
- Worldcat (worldwide online catalog)
- Ulrich's Periodical Directory (journal information)