Health Sciences Libraries' Resources
This page highlights some of the resources of particular interest and usefulness to the health sciences. Additional resources may be found by searching in the databases tab from the homepage.
EMBASE is a major biomedical and pharmacological database containing citations, abstracts, and indexing derived from biomedical articles in peer reviewed international journals.
21,000 titles from more than 5,000 international publishers, 5.5 million conference papers, and “Articles-in-Press” from more than 3,850 journals - covers the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences and Arts & Humanities.
Access Resources include texts, multimedia, cases,self assessment and more.
- Biosis Citation Index (pre-clinical and experimental research)
- Cardiosource (American College of Cardiology)
- Current Contents Connect (leading scholarly jrnls. and books)
- Psychiatry Online (DSM-5 plus from APA)
Evidence Based Focus
- ACP Journal Club (in OVID)
- ACP Smart Medicine ( in STAT!Ref)
(formerly ACP Pier)
- Cochrane Library Collection (6 databases of high quality independent evidence)
- DynaMed (a clinical reference tool)
- Essential Science Indicators (hot papers, highly cited)
- Journal Citation Reports (impact factor)
- Web of Science (citing articles)
- Worldcat (worldwide online catalog)
- Ulrich's Periodical Directory (journal information)