Conwellana-Templana Collection: University Archives

Emblem of the Temple OwlEstablished in 1946 as a memorial to Temple University founder Dr. Russell H. Conwell, the Conwellana-Templana Collection initially consisted of the published books and sermons, manuscripts, correspondence and memorabilia of Dr. Conwell.  Since 1965, the collection scope has broadened to function as a university archives and includes minutes of the Board of Trustees; personal papers and publications of Temple University Presidents, administrators, faculty and alumni; records of University committees; annual reports; course catalogs; yearbooks; student publications and campus newspapers; and Temple University Press publications.  Extensive photographic holdings of University personnel, buildings and campus events provide visual documentation of Temple’s history.


Publications, lectures and sermons of Dr. Russell Conwell are selectively being mounted on this website, including his notable Acres of Diamonds lecture and his sermon on Hattie Wiatt, The History of Fifty-seven Cents

Franklin H. Littell (1917-2009), emeritus professor of religion at Temple University, was a devoted teacher and ordained Methodist minister.  His papers and library, document his career and strong beliefs in interfaith understanding and religious liberty.

 

 

Any questions?  Please ask us