The Scholars Studio Makerspace offers space, equipment and support for collaborative and critical making for academic and personal projects.
Open to all Temple University affiliates, we encourage learning and experimentation through hands-on making and tinkering.
The Makerspace offers the following equipment for in-house use:
- FDM 3D Printers: Big Box, Ultimaker3, Monoprice Maker Ultimate, Creality CR10, Prusa; Filaments: PLA, ironfill and woodfill
- Laser Cutter: VLS 3.60
- CNC Milling Machine: Carbide Nomad
- Circuitry: Raspberry Pi and Arduino, assorted shields and electronic components, including breadboards, wire, LED lights, motors, and more
- Power tools and supplies: Dremel, soldering iron, glue gun, box-cutters, drill, oscilloscope
- SLA 3D Printer: Form2 & Form3; Resins include: Gray, Clear, Flexible, Tough, Castable, High Temp, Durable, Draft
- BERNINA 1008 sewing machine
- EinScan Pro 2X Plus
- SLS 3D Printer: Fuse1
- Laser Cutters: VLS 6.60
No experience is necessary, though equipment training must be completed before using the 3D printers, laser cutters and Rasberry Pi and Arduino equipment without staff assistance.
For Laser Cutters and CNC Milling Machine, materials are to be provided by the user.
Check with Makerspace staff regarding eligible material.
Small material/equipment fees apply for 3D printing and laser cutting.
ALL VISITS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY FOR FALL 2020.
Faculty looking to integrate emerging technologies in their classrooms should consider applying for our Innovative Teaching with Makerspace Technology Grant.