- Albert M. Greenfield SCRC Reading Room
- Camera Use Policy
- Instruction & Class Visits
- Registration & Security in the Special Collections Research Center
- Request Copies of SCRC Materials
- Request Materials from SCRC
- SCRC Catalog Search
- SCRC Researcher Account
- SCRC Statement on Potentially Harmful Language in Archival Description and Cataloging
- Schedule a Library Instruction Session
Request Copies of SCRC Materials
Due to the fragile and rare nature of our materials, all duplication is performed by staff members.
While we make every attempt to accommodate duplication requests, making copies is inherently stressful to the originals. For this reason we’ve established limits to balance researchers’ needs with our obligation to preserve these resources. Depending on the condition, size, and quantity of materials requested, the SCRC reserves the right to refuse a copying order if, in its judgment,
- fulfillment of the order would damage the item,
- involve violation of U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U. S. Code) [more information about copyright issues],
- require reproduction of a major part of a book or archives collection (we will not reproduce more than 20 percent of any book, manuscript, or collection),
- or entail the use of excessive staff time and resources.
Cameras use is allowed in the reading room. Please review our camera use policy.
For some collections, we require use of microfilm or digital copies in place of originals when film or digital copies are available and the originals are at risk.
Duplication fees and payment
- All requests must be accompanied by a signed Reproduction Request Form.
- All orders must be paid in advance. We accept payment by cash, check, or credit card.
- Please make checks payable to "Temple University" and write SCRC in the memo line.
- International postage will be added at time of request.
- If you wish to pay by credit card, there is a $15 minimum charge. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, or JCB. To complete a credit card transaction, please call us at 215-204-8257, during business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Please do not leave credit card information on a voicemail or in an email.
- $.25/page, selected by patron
- $.35/page, mail order/selected by staff, up to 100 copies
- $.40/page, mail order/selected by staff, up to 200 copies
- up to 15 pages - $1.50
- up to 25 pages - $1.75
- up to 50 pages - $2.50
- up to 100 pages - USPS rate
- Scan per image: $5.00
- STUDENT RATES (elementary school through graduate school): First 10 image prints or scans free—per project
For pricing on oversized or other unusual sized materials please contact a staff member.
Image format and delivery
Images will be scanned at 600 dpi or less and at the original size. TIFF and JPEG formats are available. JPEG files may be transmitted by email. TIFF images will be delivered via Temple University’s digital dropbox service, TUsafesend, or on a CD ROM, for a fee of $5.
Contact a staff member to ask about fees for cassette to digital (in-house) and reel-to-reel to digital (external vendor) audio duplication.
The SCRC provides access to AV materials for in-house use and duplication to students, faculty, and guests for educational and research purposes. Fees and policies vary according to use.
For information about reproduction and licensing of some collections for publication or commercial use, please contact a staff member.
The SCRC will provide user copies of footage that has been transferred to a duplicating master. If the footage has not been transferred to a duplicating master, the user will be required to bear the costs of reformatting prior to viewing. There are some formats that cannot be transferred in-house and must be sent to a vendor.
Preservation and access fees
- Copying (in-house)/In-house use: $15/reel or tape; first 3 free
- Additional screener DVDs: $25.00 per reel/tape
- Copying by outside vendor: $400.00/30 min, $435.00/60 min
- Copying pre-existing digital copy: $50/hour of product
Rush fee (optional)
Rush turnaround for photographic, cassette, or video duplication may be available for a 50% additional charge with advance payment. Please contact SCRC staff for terms and costs.
Image publication and fees
Please use the Permission to Publish contract to request permission to publish images from our holdings. A fee, in addition to reproduction costs, may be charged on published reproductions from our holdings. Publication includes film, video, videodisc, CD-ROM, web, and exhibit. The fee must be accompanied by a completed Permission to Publish contract for each use.
- Temple Community: Fee waived
- Non-Profit (with IRS tax-exempt number) $25.00; $10.00 for each additional
- For-Profit $75.00; $50 for each additional