Research Impact & Scholarly Credentials
We assist researchers to document the significance of their impact on research using tools that measure this impact. We can also help faculty better understand the tools that measure, or claim to measure, impact and their limitations.
Research impact is an important factor as researchers work to:
- support applications for tenure or promotion
- justify requests for grants and other funding
- determine how their research is being used
- identify who is using their work
- identify other researchers, and potential collaborators, in their field
In addition, the Research Impact and Scholarly Credentials Reference Guide includes information, tools, and suggestions for documenting the significance of scholarly credentials and accomplishments.
Contact a subject librarian to show you how to track citations to your work and how to measure your research impact.