Access to the service(s) or space(s) listed below has changed due to the University’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information on available services and resources can be found here.
Charles Library: What You Need to Know
Charles Library opened its doors to the public on August 25, 2019. We are excited to welcome you into our new space.
This page is designed to keep you updated on building progress and resource accessibility. Please check back frequently.
Printing, copying, & scanning
- Print stations: available on all floors. The best way to print in Charles is through Temple's Print on the Go service. How to print in Charles with Print on the Go mobile
- Color Printing: We currently do not offer color printing in Charles Library and do not have plans to at this time. If you require color printing, please visit the TECH Center.
- Copy/scan machines: Copying is available. Scanning is not yet available.
- Cash printing: available
Computers & technology
Please note that there is no general use computer lab with fixed workstations in Charles Library. You are invited to check out a laptop from the ITS Laptop Share kiosks or bring your own device.
- Laptops: available for checkout from ITS Laptop Share kiosks located on each floor. Return laptops to any kiosk in the library or tech center. Bring your TU ID card to tap or swipe; OwlCard Mobile doesn’t currently work with these kiosks.
- Duckworth Scholars Studio computer lab: open
- Some media equipment is available for checkout at the Scholars Studio and at the One Stop Assistance desk.
- Community Computer Lab: open to community guests and Temple alumni. 10 computers available
- Visit the Disability Services page for more information on assistive devices.
Charging your devices
- Charging lockers are available for charging mobile devices (phones or tablets). Lockers are located in the cafe area, on the south end of the second floor, and in the third floor reading room.
- Battery share kiosks are located on each floor, typically next to a laptop share kiosk. Please bring your own cord. Bring your TU ID card to tap or swipe; OwlCard Mobile doesn’t currently work with these kiosks.
- 24/7 study space is available at the entrance near the corner of Polett and Liacouras Walks.
- Small and large group study rooms can be reserved in advance. Rooms that are not already reserved are available on a first come, first served basis.Most study rooms are located on the third and fourth floors and do not require a key for entry. Use the map to find a specific room.
- Faculty and graduate study area: now open. Lockers are available for request.
- Quiet study is available in the 4th floor reading room on the south side.
- While we haven’t yet designated other quiet study spaces, study areas on the 3rd and 4th floors are significantly more quiet than on other levels.
Borrowing books & DVDs
- How do I request, pick up, and borrow items from the BookBot?
- How do I return books, DVDs or Interlibrary Loan items?
- More about requests
- Research librarians are available throughout the day. Stop by the One Stop Assistance desk or schedule an appointment. They can help with general research, subject-specific research, questions about data, scholarly communication tools and publishing, digital scholarship and more.
- Librarians are also available for research help on our online chat service.